How Is Child Support Calculated For Unmarried Parents In Iowa

In Iowa, divorces that involve children automatically enter an order for child custody, child support and visitation when the order for the divorce is entered. However, if you were never married to your child (or children’s) other parent, you can still petition (request) the Court for a child support order. Read the full article here:

O’Flaherty Law now serves over 105 counties across Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana. If you have any questions regarding a case or would like to speak to one of our attorneys after watching a #LearnAboutLaw video, give us a call at (630) 324–6666 or send us an email at to get in contact with someone from our team.

Subscribe to our channel for daily videos dedicated to all things law and leave a comment with any questions about this topic.

Find us online for more legal content and to stay connected with our team

**None of the content in this series is intended as paid legal advice.

If you wish to request a child support order from the Iowa courts, but you were never married to the other party, this is the video for you. In this video we discuss how child support is calculated for parents in the State of Iowa, including: Where Do I File for Child Support in Iowa If I Was Never Married?, What Steps Are Required to Get Child Support in Iowa?, and How Is Iowa Child Support Calculated?

At O'Flaherty Law we are your community law firm. Our attorneys are committed to providing exceptional client service in a cost-effective manner.