Applying for Temporary Orders in Divorce and Custody Cases

In Iowa, the first step to receiving an enforceable custody order from the court is to file a petition for custody or divorce. In the meantime, who is responsible for making decisions for the children, and where will the children live? Read the full article here:

O’Flaherty Law now serves over 105 counties across Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana. If you have any questions regarding a case or would like to speak to one of our attorneys after watching a #LearnAboutLaw video, give us a call at (630) 324–6666 or send us an email at to get in contact with someone from our team.

Subscribe to our channel for daily videos dedicated to all things law and leave a comment with any questions about this topic.

Find us online for more legal content and to stay connected with our team

Often, parties cannot agree on where the children will live. Often there are good reasons why a parent may not want the children to live primarily with the other parent, such as criminal activity, drug use, or homelessness. In this video, we will go over: What is a temporary order in a divorce or custody case?, Who may file for a temporary matters hearing?, What does the Court consider in a temporary matters hearing involving custody?, Can a temporary matters order be modified?, and Other issues relating to temporary matters requests

**None of the content in this series is intended as paid legal advice.